The TA-PAS labelling Kit as alternative to the classical Biotin-Streptavidin system
The TA-PAS System is a fast two component protein-ligand interaction system. One component is the small synthetic label called “TA-Label” (<1000 Da). The second component is the “PAS-Antibody” which binds the “TA-Label” with high specificity and efficiency.
The TA-PAS System supports a large number of applications including immobilization, enrichment or detection of antibodies, other proteins, primers and other nucleic acids. The TA-PAS System is a simple yet elegant system to link TA labelled molecules in assays by exploiting the high affinity to PAS capture antibody.
- Fast binding universal detection system, e.g. lateral flow assay
- ELISA, it can be used as detection or coating component
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Western-, Southern- und Northern Blot
- Immunoaffinity chromatography
- Cell surface labelling etc.
- Alternative to Biotin-Streptavidin or in combination with Biotin-Streptavidin
- TA-PAS with double labelled molecules like primers, antibodies, Proteins
- Immunoprecipitation: Immobilization of target molecules from cell culture or other biological samples
- Target molecule enrichment
Application Example: Lateral Flow Test
Application of TA-PAS system in lateral flow in combination with a double labelling strategy (antibody conjugated with Gold nanoparticles and TA-Label) for immobilization at control line and streptavidin/biotin system for test line.
Comparison of Biotin-Streptavidin System and TA-PAS System in ELISA
Advantages of the TA-PAS System compared with a clasical Biotin-Streptavidin System
- The TA-PAS system allows a flexible, simple use in many applications
- Improvement of signal-noise ratio
- High affinity binding between TA-Label and PAS-Antibody (capture antibody)
- Fast Binding
- Low cross-reactivity
- Low non-specific binding
- TA-PAS interaction is artificial and not present in nature
- No problems with samples or proteins with biotin (e.g. Carboxylases, Histones)
- Long shelf life time
- Reproducible results
- No problems with PAS coating followed by blocking with serum
- No problems with double labelling strategies for lateral flow test
Application Example: Immobilisation of TA-labelled Molecules for Target molecule enrichment
The TA-PAS labelling kit allows antibodies, proteins, primer etc. to be covalently labelled with the TA-Label quickly and easily. The pre-activated TA-Label is designated for the coupling reaction with target molecules through the reaction with primary amino groups. BioTeZ TA-PAS labelling kit includes the PAS-Antibody (capture antibody), all necessary reagents to label the target molecule with the TA-Labels and a clean-up column for purifying the coupling product (separation of unbound labels). Generally, the TA-Label is fully compatible with other labels and should work well.
For more details of the TA-PAS Labelling System please read the product data sheet.