A BioTeZ Service Adapted for Matrix Metalloproteases (MMPs)
Zymography is a useful qualitative technique for detection and analysis of activity level and type of proteases expressed in different cell types or tissues. Useful at any given time and/or after different treatments. This technique, known mostly as gelatine zymography or casein zymography, identifies enzymes activity in biological samples using sodium dodecyl sulphate (SDS)-polyacrylamide gels impregnated (copolymerized) with gelatine or casein.
A concrete example are the matrix metalloproteases (MMPs) in urine. These occur in elevated concentrations, if a pathological indication is present. For example, in the urine of patients with bladder carcinoma or bladder infection MMP2 and MMP9 can be detected, using zymography as very sensitive detection method (see the next picture).
- Ideal for screening drugs and examination of protease inhibitors - oncology
- Examination of human biological fluids
- Simple tool for separation and identification of second level structural gene products
- Detection of enzymes and their structural isoforms
- Very low sample amount require
- Cheap method
- Usually, we provide an image of zymography per email in 1.5 working days after sample Arrival
- We perform zymography with marker and positive control (MMP2)
- Samples could send by post / courier (at least 15µl) together with a completed order form.
- Attention: We do not analyse sample with safety standard S2!
- We store samples for 2 months
- As zymography-substrate we offer beta-Casein or Gelatin. Other substrate on request.
|probes 1-4||30.00 € / probe|
|probes 5-8||25.00 € / probe|
|probes 9 +||20.00 € / probe|
Guidelines on sampling and transportation of samples to our laboratory. zymography analysis is a sensitive testing method, even a contamination during sampling and packaging of the analytical sample may cause false-positive results under certain conditions.
Following the notes described below to avoid unwanted influences of the analytical results:
Use only new and unused sample containers. Use stable plastic bags (use 2 bags) or breaking-safe plastic beaker with screw-clamp as containers. Close the containers immediately after the sampling.
- Label all containers with samples with a waterproof marker or with previously prepared labels.
- Safety pack the samples for the transport to avoid any leakage or damaging.
- All perishable samples have to be cooled.
- Please mark clearly which specific safety standard the samples requires (only S1 accepted).